12 October 2010

Camden lettering - a first visit and some lovely lettering...

I have just been to Camden for the first time. I know, I know... the first time at age 44 seems la-la! Its a place that I have always known about and never been. My adolescence was pretty sheltered when I think back. Certainly I had my wild times, but in the scheme of things not that wild! I also have a problem with trendy places. Anything thats percieved as being where to go, where to be seen always makes me want to walk the other day. I hate feeling like a sheep even in unconformity! I do have an obstinate heart. Tell me to jump and I am generally a bit reticent! though peversely I am really enthusiastic about things so I am in a constant state of flux in my nature. Making art's like that though, the flexing between head and heart.

Anyway, getting away from the subject. Camden? It was cool. I actually loved the place. Loved the flow of it, the food and how easy and relaxed it is to just mooch and be about the place. We went down the canal and away from the crowds. It was a special day. And I bought a little plastic tiger that makes me chuckle.







No comments: